Sunday, November 2, 2008

hello november.


ready for its closeup.
Originally uploaded by slothmuffin

The Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror" episode aired today, and I think that was unfortunately the last hurrah of the Halloween season for me. As a[n ostensible] grownup, the buildup to Halloween, with all of the decorating and crafting, is more exciting than Halloween itself, which is sadly devoid of asking strangers for free candy. I keep telling myself that one of these years, I'm just going to wear a costume involving a mask and go anyway. I'm only 5'2"! I could totally still be in middle school.

I have my little skull earrings on today for All Souls/Day of the Dead. When I lived in the city, I used to go to St. Patrick's Cathedral on All Souls Day and light a candle, even though I'm not at all religious---I'm not even one of those people who says I'm not religious, but I'm spiritual. It always felt like the right thing to do anyway. It's always nice to be in a building with beautiful vaulted ceilings at least once a year.

Today has been one of the chillier days we've had so far this fall, and it's got me feeling nervous about winter. I hate being cold all the time.

I crocheted a stuffed pear today, which came out huge. (I knew it would be huge when I looked at the pattern, but I was afraid to modify it and possibly mess up the shape.) I'm not really sure why I was in such a rush to finish it, since I have to take my truck to be inspected tomorrow and now I'll have to think of a new project to start while I wait at the mechanics'.

No comments:

Post a Comment