Friday, April 15, 2011

A Batch of Travellin' Critters.


I haven't had the time and reliable computer access to blog forever, so this is probably cheating, but I wanted to pop in and say hi to all of you awesome WIP Wednesday/FO Friday people and share some of the stuff I've finished over the past few weeks.

Like Zombie Panda 2.0, above, this time with his very own Tasty Brain.  I auctioned him off for earthquake relief in Japan, and he's already been shipped, safely received, and dubbed "Midori" by his owner. :D

 Likewise made to be auctioned (although not shipped off yet, which is kind of nice because I've gotten used to seeing him around...) is this Angry Bird, made from a modified version of a great free pattern by Karla of Itsy Bitsy Spider Crochet.  (Check out her super-cute patterns---there's a whole set of different Angry Birds, and her Log Cabin Carrier is one of my WIPs right now.)


And every Angry Bird needs an adversary, so I whipped up a quick Evil Green Pig, too, and then gleefully skipped outside to photograph them in an Epic Battle Tableau.  (I did not, however, actually slingshot Angry Bird at the Evil Pig Fort.)

I also whipped up this little crocheted onigiri for someone on Swap-Bot who loves kawaii food-with-faces.  This was my first try at making an ami with a kawaii-style face, and I'll admit that I picked the eye shape because it was easy to embroider!  I used the construction idea from this pattern, but---as usual---made it teeny-tinier.  I think it was probably about...an inch and a half tall?

Also for Swap-Bot, a mini monster finger puppet.  I had fun giving him his single languid eye.  It's like he's saying eh, I could bite you, but why bother? I sort of want to make more monsters now.  This is probably the first time I've experimented with the weird-cute monster aesthetic, and I definitely see its appeal.

Check out other people's amazing projects at FO Friday and Fibers on Friday. :)

13 comments:

  1. So cute! I have yet to make any thing like this yet. One of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, those are hilarious! The zombie panda brain is particularly funny in a disgusting sort of way.

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I really do appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS POST! First off, yay for the panda zombie with a new home! :) Second, your angry birds scene is brilliant. I even had to send the picture of it to my husband at work. I also love the picture of you taking the picture of your finger puppet. It even matches your nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the finger puppet with the green nails! His expression is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me smile... Thanks!

    Angry Bird is my favorite... I just love the swooping brow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your projects are so wonderful, with such great personalities. I am especially enamored of Angry Bird (love his frown) and Evil Green Pig. That fighting scene is just about the funniest thing I've encountered in awhile. I want a slingshot now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Angry Bird and Evil Green Pig scene gave me the giggles. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is all AWESOME. I need to show your angry bird shot to my bro, he loves that app...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That finger puppet monster ROCKS. I am SO using this idea next time I know a boy who needs a gift!!! (And I totally love how well your nail polish matches too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Angry Birds tableau is perfect! This is great for little boy crochet. I'm deciding whether or not to show my little guy. He'd love it, but then he'd ask me to make one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool! Posts like this make me want to learn to crochet...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The eyebrows on the Angry Bird remind me of Bert from Sesame Street :-)

    ReplyDelete