Friday, April 22, 2011

FO Friday: Pastel Edition.


First, some delicious-looking Marshmallow Peep style bunnies from this awesome free pattern.  If you're looking for something fast, fun, and yarn-flavoured to put in someone's Easter basket, there's still plenty of time to make a few of these!  A little yarn, a little stuffing, some black beads, and you're set. 

In a less-conventional "cute" vein, I made this cuttlefish as a request for someone.  (The pastel tones were part of the request.)

This is one of those projects that got started, got to a certain point, and...stopped.  A few times.  First I did the body (with some help from this post over at FreshStitches to remind me how to get a good conical shape), and then stalled before creating the little ruffle-piece.  (Which I did while watching the Disney Sleeping Beauty, and what an odd movie it is!  I hadn't seen it since I was a kid.  It has like...zero characterization!  The conventions for making children's movies has changed a lot over the decades, it's interesting.)


Then I stalled before making and sewing on the tentacles.  Then I stalled before making the polymer clay eyes.  Then I stalled before actually sewing on said eyes and surrounding them with an additional crocheted eyelid-type-thing.  But now he's finally finished!

...Finished and difficult to photograph.  I sort of like this shot, though, because the light is odd and makes him look wise and deep sea and semi-mysterious. Which is just what a cuttlefish should look like, I think.

Check out other people's projects at Fibers on Friday and Finished Object Friday!

13 comments:

  1. a cuttlefish...how amazing!! I love the little bunnies too! soooo cute :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those bunnies, my girls would adore them. Love the cuttlefish, it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cuttlefish is so cool. My favourite is the 1st pic.
    Your bunnies make me want to go find some Peeps to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Peeps look good enough to eat! I'm giggling thinking about the pranks you could pull with those. Hide one yarn Peep in a basket full of real ones...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cuttlefish! They're so cute and weird haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, that cuttlefish is amazing! Great job!

    The bunnies are adorable too. So festive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little critters. Perfect timing on your peeps!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Peeps are so cute! The cuddlefish came out great. It's so nice to knit exactly what someone wants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, a pastel-coloured cuttlefish must be photographed in the proper light to bring forth his mysterious and wise characteristics, otherwise you risk just making him look silly, right?! :D

    The eyes are the perfect touch- he looks perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stuff is so cute! I love your idea of turning the lace edging for the Rock Island shawl into a bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cuttlefish. You did an awesome job making your own eyes, and I like his eyelids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the peeps. The cuttlefish is really interesting, love the eyes, very cool touch. Nice work, so many different shapes and techniques to make him up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter, just started a little book linky love, come join the fun

    ReplyDelete