Friday, June 24, 2011

In Which I Have the Sudden Urge to Watch "The Craft"...

After way too much ado, please say hello to Peaches, the Goth Bunny.  (My mom named her at random, and somehow it just...stuck, right away.)  My third critter so far from this pattern, which resembles the pattern less and less with each iteration...

Like many newly-minted goths, Peaches is into candles, Edgar Allan Poe, and hanging out near construction materials.  (Bricks are so gritty and badass, don't you think?) 


The details of her outfit came together surprisingly well, and were an indecent amount of fun.  My late grandmother's stash of lace binding tape came in handy, and I made this little skull bead out of polymer clay. 


My definition of "goth" always involves a little glitter, so in addition to the Red Heart Sparkle I used for the red half of her dress, her cuff bracelet, and the dress's picot trim, I made a little bow with it and added a teeny tiny tulle bustle, which photographed horribly.

Her eyeliner is a little asymmetrical, but such are the perils of being goth. This is my second attempt at felt eyelids around safety eyes, and I'm pretty pleased with them.  (Peaches is clearly a dwarf hotot bunny---they have natural eyeliner!)

And also, because it's been receieved safely in England, yay!, the paper-piecing ATC I was working on last week.

I started it with the intention of doing a realistic Venus flytrap, but I didn't have a reference photo, and "realistic" isn't really my specialty anyway, so it got Little Shop of Horrors pretty fast.  Feed me, Seymour! 

Check out what everyone else has been up to this week over at FO Friday. :)

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love peaches the goth bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the goth bunny! All of the little touches are great. I love the skull button, the lace, and the eyes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Peaches every bit as much as I thought I would!!!!! (And Edgar Allan Poe, a bunny after my own heart!) :D

    The eyeliner looks fantastic, and immediately reminded me of a bunny I had when I was younger. Never knew it had a specific name (I knew he was a dwarf, but hotot is a new one for me). I named him Cotton Candy. *random info* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I love Peaches! She's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Peaches, she has such a great expression!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's just brilliant, I love the little skull brooch! The eyes look really good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peaches the Goth Bunny is wicked fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The look on this bunny's face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In a word--Perfect! I love Peaches, the details make her even better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your goth bunny is so cute, I do love all the details like the others all said, too. I love all the photos you shared, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's soooooooo cute! Love the eyes. She made me think of the gal on NCIS, Aby

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, now that's a bunny with an additude :) great!

    ReplyDelete