Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This Week's WIPs: Mostly Offscreen.


Wait, today is Wednesday?  Memorial Day weekend totally threw me off.  I don't really have a lot of interesting showable WIPs today.  The bitty-shawl is so close to finished, just the edging left to go, which I hope to get done tonight, but it's not worth photographing again in the meantime, I don't think.  And I have a plush-to-be that I'm really excited about, but that probably won't be ready until I order some safety eyes, and as soon as I post this I'm going to go start on something needle felted, I hope...

After the mostly-successful test run, I'm working on another Ninni-Monster for a Craftster swap, and even though the monster itself will be a sewn-from-fabric plush (...which I need to cut out today!), I can't resist adding in some crochet and possibly polymer clay details.  The above photo is part of my modifying-a-motif process to do that.

I'm also working on a lobster, who is mostly finished except for some tedious yarn-end-weaving-in and the application of his eyes and possibly some antennae that I'm still toying with how to construct.  (Wire?  Yarn dipped in fabric stiffener?)


So here's his tail-end.  I put him in a colander to take this because I'm sort of mean like that. 


This photo probably belongs with Friday's post, since it's a finished (and delicious, and already-eaten, yum) object---a lentil sprout salad (I definitely recommend that recipe, by the way) made with my very first batch of grown-in-a-jar-under-my-dining-room-table sprouts! 


So I started a second batch.  Not much to look at right now, just some damp adzuki beans in a jar, but I have high hopes. :)

Other people's WIPs today probably don't involve jars of damp beans, and you should go have a look over at WIP Wednesday!

12 comments:

  1. I love that you put the lobster in a colander to take a photo - so funny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggled at the lobster tail in the colander pic too! That salad looks yummy, and it makes me want to try growing sprouts. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see some of those projects finished up! I love the color of your lobster, and I really love the idea of a sewn toy with crochet (and other) embelllishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't lie, the lobster photo made me laugh! I can't wait to see that cute little guy done, although I'm scared it'll inspire me to make one (or many). We've seen what kind of an influence you've been on me in the past. ;)

    My WIP post doesn't include a jar with damp beans but that's mostly because I'm not awesome. (Someday if I can get a little box to put out on the balcony, then maybe we'll start seeing stuff like that on my blog, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your unique additions to the monster. That is such a cute pattern. The lentil sprout salad looks so healthy and delicious. I love sprouts but have never tried growing my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lobster looks cute! What type of yarn did you use for him? I love the colorway :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see your "plush-to-be" :D I'm a softy for softies! LOL

    The test run of your Ninni-Moster looks adorable! Simple and cute, a great combination.

    And lastly, you tease with your partial pictures of your WIPs...I may have to adopt this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the lobster ... love that he's in a colander ... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've had so many bank holidays/long weekends here in the last few weeks that I've completely lost all track of what day it is. Mind you, I woke up this morning (Thursday) convinced it was Friday, which was a massive let down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lobster tail photo is adorable! Okay, so the sprouts thing is amazing and the salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete