Sunday, August 21, 2011

Some Squee Items for Today:

Beginning my day (well, after breakfast and email checking) with a bike ride to chill at the beach for a while and start reading a fun, fluffy, southern-set YA novel.  Summer always makes me want to read novels set in the (American) south.  Last summer I re-read To Kill a Mockingbird, closely followed by The Help, and went on a little southern cooking kick that included sage cornbread and homemade BBQ sauce.

Ridiculous photoshoots for inanimate objects.  As part of my "get ass in gear, list things in online store" campaign, here's Sunset the owl, last seen on FO Friday a few weeks ago.  I like to give my crocheted toys weird little personalities when I list them, and I decided Sunset is a movie buff and took him outside to photograph accordingly.  I was so gleeful when I remembered I had a glass bowl this small for his popcorn!


New towels!! I really love towels, for some reason, so I was happy to find that Target had an uber-sale on them last week and picked some up.  I'm really excited about the orange one.  The more I craft, the more I realize that I like colours I always thought I didn't like.  I mean, I still wouldn't wear orange, necessarily, but it definitely has its applications and its own beauty.

Sadly, it's so humid that the towels aren't going to dry all the way on the line, so I'm off to pop them in the drier for a bit.

Go share your own squee over at Rip It Good!

9 comments:

  1. I really like the orange towel, too! Orange is a favorite color of mine.

    How did you like The Help? I haven't read it, but it keeps being brought up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how soft new towels are... but sometimes when I use a new towel the little threads rub off and stick to my skin... that's like, the opposite of squee ):

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, there's a little surprise waiting for you over on my blog today, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sunset the Owl - too cute!! I too won't wear orange but love it on other things - that towel is so bright and happy looking!! Enjoy the book reading time too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Love the Sunset pics ... isn't there a movie festival named that?? I found that I am drawn to colors I always said ick too, but the same thing, I still won't wear them, but like to work with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally agree with you! i would never wear orange but i so love it as a color for anything else! on the other hand, my kiddos are blessed with a nice skin tone & orange looks gorgeous on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your owl. I agree he looks like a movie buff. I read To Kill A Mockingbird a few summers ago. Now that I live the hot desert, I find I want to read books that are set in the north in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are really cute - I love little Sunset the Owl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That owl is so cute!!! I'm new to your blog so should have a look but have u ever crocheted a cow????

    ReplyDelete