Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waffles and Owls. (Possibly the next big craft trend?)

You can tell it's a WIP kind of day because I'm wearing my F hook in my hair.  I was hoping to get my owl tutorial done for FO Friday, but I think it'll have to wait until next week, since there's a lot of photo editing and writing to be done and there's only the one day between now and FO Friday, so...

But I have at least one finished owl who will be ready to say hello to you all, whether or not directions about making him are also ready.  Here's a sneak peak:


And I seem to have started two more owls, hence the hook-in-hair...


It's probably bad form to name the owls while they're just cups and/or discs, but these are Errol and Gus. 

In the non-yarn, unceasing WIP that is me trying to stay in motion every day, I've been trying to regain my long-lost bicycle riding muscles.  Before June, I basically hadn't ridden a bicycle since the late 1990s, and my legs were all ...and we'd be happy to let it stay that way, please stop! But I've been telling them to STFU and doing it anyway, and it's finally starting to get to the point where sometimes, it just feels good to be riding along, which has me in a stupid-happy mood this morning.

...Contributing to this mood is my food WIP, oatmeal banana waffles.

Go check out other people's WIP Wednesday posts while I turn them from raw materials into (hopefully) waffle magic. :)

14 comments:

  1. Ooooh, waffles :)

    I think there is no problem at all in naming owls before they are actually owls, it helps personalise them and make them even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, come on! You can't toss out a phrase like "banana oatmeal waffles" and not follow up with a recipe -- or at least a link. I'm dying over here. Okay, not really. But I am kind of hungry and really excited to see your finished up owl, so I think that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Errol! Love the HP reference! Can't wait to the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oatmeal and banana? My food hard-drive just crashed! Were they yummy?

    Looking forward to your owls, you are very much the "Owl Queen".

    Let's all wear our crafting tools, fashion forward and close to hand?! Win-Win!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a tease with the pictures. Don't eat all the waffles, save some for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your owls! So fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see the owls! I bet they're as cute as can be.
    The waffles sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your owls!! I have a friend who LOVES owls, so I have now made a couple for and I'm always looking for new ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your pattern writing! I can't wait to see the new owls <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really looking forward to seeing your owls! And those waffles must have been amazing, it's the next appliance I'm dying to buy; nothing better than fresh, home made waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing your owl. I haven't rode a bike since 1981. Can't imagine trying now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those waffles sound awesome. You should post that recipe! your owls are adorable even at this stage

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh loving the crochet hook as hair adornment! Totally going to copy that! x

    ReplyDelete