Friday, October 21, 2011

Hallobjects.

Today's yet another post-and-run type day, but I had to introduce you to the Owl of the Week---Bruno, Zombie Owl 2.0.  I initially envisioned him as being like...creepier than Petunia, and even gave him differently sized eyes to try and channel that weird-cute aesthetic, but I think it tipped over onto the "cute" side more than I was expecting.  Look how inquisitive he looks, like he's tilting his little decaying head and hopefully chirping brains?

And an only-semi-FO.  When I saw this "Scary Blackberry" Kool-Aid in the supermarket (and I hope they still have it, because I would so get more while it's still around for the season!), I couldn't resist.  I dyed a little bite of yarn half in the blackberry and half in a combination of pineapple (which smells amazing) and blue-lemonade, and added a dab of Wilton's orange for extra Halloween-ness.
I started swatching it into a little basic amigurumi circle because I had to see how it would work up. I like how the blackberry is almost forming a spiral!  I'm not sure what it wants to be yet, though.

As always, check out other people's amazing work at FO Friday.   I'm off to the store to see if there's more Scary Blackberry Kool-Aid to be had.  :D

21 comments:

  1. Hee hee! He does look cute and inquisitive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, he is kinda cute, but also kinda unnerving ;) Love the kool aid dyed yarn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! I need some deep plum color to dye something with. Must check out what colors people get with the Kool-Aid. I haven't dyed any in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the circle...the colors look awesome in the spiral!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your owl is so cute! I love the yarn you dyed. Kool-aid is so much fun to dye with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's definitely a good mix of cute and creepy, although his beak is very creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWH! That zombie owl makes me less scared of a zombie apocalypse - if things like that will be around, maybe it won't be so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, your zombie owl looks more cute than anything else. I love your dyed yarn. I can't wait to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah...your owls :) A little bit of happiness each week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You found Ghoul-Aid!!! I wanted to try that but can't find it! How do you like it?

    Owls would chirp "Graaaaainz," don't you think? ;) (CUTE, btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhh I've got to check the store for some of that kool aid!! your yarn looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your owl is cute! I think it's impossible for them not to be!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love that dyed yarn & as always i love your owls! :)

    now that you say that about stuffing i think i will stuff enough yarn scraps to the top just so that the beans won't spill out! thanks for the thinking tip. :) the pattern link i left, has an adult sized bobble hat a couple of posts from that baby one, you should try it, it's super easy and free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's awesome ... definitely more cute than creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great zombie owl, and super halloween yarn

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO fun! And your little owl is killing me. He looks like his glasses are a bit crooked. Cute! And scary! Terrifying, actually...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah what a cutie - happy Halloween! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry, but I have to agree -- your zombie owl is adorable!! It's like he's playing dress-up, trying to be as scary as the big owls when they go trick or treating.

    The yarn dyeing looks awesome too -- it's always fun to see what happens, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello - just wanted to let you know you won my giveaway! Can you message me on rav (pinkundine) to let me know your address please!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete