Friday, March 2, 2012

Forward March!

...Even though most of these projects were actually finished in February. ;)  First of all, some Surprise Baby! hats, made for babies who were expected in March/April and arrived in February.  (Fortunately, they're healthy and hopefully coming home from the hospital soon-ish.)  And they'll need hats!  And they have a woodland-themed nursery! So I whipped up the fastest pattern I could find, which I then made take a bunch longer by adding little animal faces.  The orange hat is uh, supposed to be a fox.  I'm going to have to practice my fox-making.

In keeping with the "small" theme, I miniaturized an already mini-pattern for a Knitting and Crochet House Cup homework prompt about shrinking solutions and made really small drawstring pouches.  I'm still just...gently edging my way into more thread crochet, I guess, and it's less scary-fiddly than I thought, hooray!  ...Of course, it helps to be making things that are this tiny (the black pouch is like, an inch wide) and not an entire tablecloth in filet crochet, or something.

And in the process, I seem to have created the strawberry answer to those apple cozies.  You're welcome?

I also used the always adorable marshmallow bunny pattern to make a present for a fellow House Cupper, and tried to do the itsy-bitsy Slytherin scarf in carry-the-not-in-use-colour-up-the-side colourwork without consulting the internet.  So uh, the result is sort of...special.  I didn't think the bunny would mind.

 And my only actual March FO, a little ornament I made using gorgeous yarn I won from Nat and the first three rounds of this snowflake pattern, then just improvising some single crochets and picots to make it more...petal-y.  Last year I tried to complete one small crafty project every day in March to celebrate National Craft Month, so this was yesterday's, and I'd like to offer it as a tiny giveaway prize to one of you lovely people, winner to be chosen...sometime later in March.  Just leave a comment on this entry (and make sure I have a way to get in touch with you---email, etc.), and for an extra entry, link me to your favourite quick-and-easy pattern/tutorial for something crafty I can make this month.

Linking up, as usual, with the always-wonderful Fibers on Friday and FO Friday. :)

29 comments:

  1. Your fox is cute, although not fantastically fox-like ;)

    Love the snowflake, the yarn comes out really nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You certainly have been busy! I love the hats, I imagine that they will look super cute on the newborns. The snowflake looks like a great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are those caps....

    Like I was saying if only I could crochet a thing or two (sigh)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do strawberries need cozies? LOL! Cute hats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute hats! I think your fox would be a bit more foxy if you had added a white stripe down towards the brim? Maybe whiskers? Do foxes have whiskers? hmmm
    Cute anyways ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hats, they are so cute! The tiny drawstring bag is adorable, but my strawberries don't last long enough to need one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe, love the strawb cosy. Adorable hats too! Glad to hear the little ones are doing well. My best friend is expecting a boy this summer and is having a woodland theme for his nursery. It's such a lovely idea for a kids room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew there was something missing in my kitchen - strawberry cosies. My poor strawberries have been doing without all this time. LOL!

    That is a very itsby-bitsy Slytherin scarf. I've been contemplating making a bookmark based on a house scarf. Very HP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hats and the little marshmallow bunny are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fox hat is the cutest thing in your post! I love how awesome and bright it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Then it has succeeded in its mission! :D (...Although being that it's a Slytherin-scarfed Peep Bunny, I assume it also has more evil missions planned, as well.)

      Delete
  12. The hats are adorable! I love the tiny bunny and the snowflake. The strawberry cosies are cute, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure which project is my favorite. They are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I love the little pouches most.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, the hats are super cute! The bunny is adorable and the snow flake is sweet too - love the little house cups, how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello. So I checked out your blog and saw your online shop. I absolutely love those owls you make! They are so cute and adorable. You are quite talented!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Totally knew that was a fox btw :) I {just} bought my first crochet thread and those miniature pouches do seem a good way to get a start on using it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AHHHHH Strawberry cozies!? That is so adorable! I can see that being in a lolita bento box :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The critter hats are adorable! Those babies are going to look so cute in them. Love the little pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ROTFLOL! I can just see my hubby's face if I told him I was crocheting a strawberry cozy! =D LOVE love love the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so in love with Pepper and Emily! They continue to keep me company as I work and will be joining the owls in the flock here shortly. Home improvements are almost done!!!

    Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The bunny is so cute! Also, strawberry cosy!! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the baby hats! So cute

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha I love the strawberry cover!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the little bunny/peep!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for popping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I think you are very brave to try thread crochet, I've been mulling over giving it a try myself. For the moment I am contenting myself with sock wool. I love your hats.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hardly ever get around to posting stuff the same month that they are finished, also! I'm so glad to hear you are a Sherlock fan as well, eep! those little baby hats are ADORABLE! I'm glad to hear the babes are healthy, too =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, the strawberry cozy! I can't believe it. Can you imagine a bowl full of individually cozied strawberries? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete