Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Today's Books and (Things On and Off the) Hooks.


A quick post-and-run today, as it's beautiful outside and I have a mile long to-do list.  Part of which is finishing this relatively small pile of very-green WIPs---feel free to guess what any of them are!  Hopefully they'll all be showing up finished on Friday.  The two things on the left are actually already done, crocheting wise.  So, eek, the dreaded Sewing Bit is upon me, but I can't delay!  The blob in the middle is an Easter present, so that will nudge me onward.   

In the way of books, I've been slowly making my way through a collection of William Gibson's collected nonfiction (Distrust That Particular Flavor), which is really interesting and thinky-thought provoking.  William Gibson is definitely on my (loooong) list of "favourite authors," his talent for creating a sense of place in his novels is awe-inspiring and wonderfully absorbing.

I'm also randomly reading the second Percy Jackson book, which is fluffy good fun.  Even though I read the first in the series almost a year ago, Rick Riordan's tone (clever, a little silly in places, very Boy's! Own! Action-packed! Adventure!) feels familiar, which is nice.

Linking up with WIP Wednesdays and Yarnalong.

12 comments:

  1. You always manage to surprise me with your FO's, so I'm not going to guess. I'd rather be super surprised when you reveal them here. Have a wonderful time frolicking outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't ever guess right, I'm going to wait for the reveal. :P

    On another note, thanks so much for the crochet tips you left on my blog today and previously. I really do appreciate your help. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the double comment on your blog, by the way! (And I'm glad to know you liked the links.) I was having this weird wordpress login issue, and I thought it didn't post, but then uh, it did? Which I noticed fter I recreated the same comment later. :|

      Delete
  3. Oh I really like Percy Jackson and the new Lost Heroes Series is good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome---I noticed the Lost Heroes series on the library shelf, I'll have to check those out, too.

      Delete
  4. I'm so curious as to how it'll turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been making :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love me a bit of teenage fiction. might give percy jackson a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only alleged grownup who still loves teen/kids' books. I don't think I'll ever outgrow them, really. :) And I recommend the Percy Jackson books. I finished the second one this morning, and it remained cool and fun 'til the end.

      Delete
  7. I hope that you manage to get those sewing bits done. Can't wait to see what these will become. I will have to check out William Gibson's books. Sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stumped. I have no idea what you could be working on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easter related items?

    My week's offering... http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/keep-calm-and-craft-on.html

    ReplyDelete