Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cute Rocks.

"I had to admit, for a rock, it was pretty darn cute.  And frankly, I could use all the inspiration I could get."

-from Ten Miles Past Normal by Frances O'Roark Dowell

Trying to maybe sneak back into blogging in the smallest and easiest way possible, with a random-page-quote from my current read for Teaser Tuesdays.

I've been steadily reading Frances O'Roark Dowell's books this spring/summer, and she's a wonderful writer.  This book is her first YA (rather than middle grade) novel, and it was a great read---funny and quirky and truthful, made me grin ear to ear a lot as I flipped the pages.

When I flipped to a random page and selected this quote, I was happy to remember that I happened to have a pretty darn cute rock sitting around on my bedside table.  I try not to load up my pockets too much with rocks and shells and stuff when I walk on the beach, but I couldn't resist this one.  It's like an illustration from an Earth Science textbook about...uh.  Whatever type of rock it is.  (I swear that I did pass Earth Science.)

8 comments:

  1. LOL...it is a very cute rock, no matter what type it is. I also passed Earth Science, but that was a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quote and picture. I have a grandaughter who fills her pockets, and her boxes, and her bags or any empty container she can find with rocks. Fun teaser today. http://readandstitch.blogspot.com/2012/07/tuesday-teaser.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is actually very fitting for me today! I will have my new post up tomorrow, but you'll see I haven't posted in two months... being sick really sucks, but your post was uplifting to me. So, a BIG thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the blogosphere! Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Cute teaser! :) I'll have to check out Frances O'Roark Dowell's books, I love both YA & MG.

    Here's a link to my teaser from Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. Thanks in advance if you come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute rock; fun teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cute rocks, I have some from all over the world. Other people buy souvenirs, I find rocks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. my 6yr old would totally agree with you on the rock thing. she loves her some rocks & i will come across them in the most random places, i've told her not to bring them in because if i let her bring in all the rocks they would be everywhere. she has them stashed in toys & sometimes in her pockets when i do her laundry. makes me smile, even though i told her not to bring them in. :o)

    ReplyDelete